M-R friends

I am seeking good, solid information on a specific type of spire, a type I believe is unique to Brittany (and its environs?). In particular I would like a taxonomy of such spires, how they developed over time - and most of all - some solid dates for them, especially earlier examples.

The reason? This: http://www.lostwithiel.eu/wp-content/uploads/church.jpg

It's in south Cornwall, UK. It's the type of spire - that pierced lantern-like affair at the base - that I want to pin down as tightly as possible date-wise.

Thoughts/pointers welcomed...

Jon
to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]