As you may have noticed I have been absent for a while, and while away
out pops so may librarians who drink or who are famous

However back to the heavy stuff, and directed at Cilip and the new
Trustees.

I have still been receiving off line comments, and below I note a few
that the organisation needs to consider.

Where's the promotion of what CILIP can/could/will do for front-line
information professionals (not just librarians!!!) trying to provide
services on a shoe-string on low pay? Why doesn't it get posted to
lis-pub-libs and lis-profession and any and every other line of
communication that may be used by the potential audience? Similarly why
were there no postings to say: "CLIP members and potential members!
Hustings are taking place for the CILIP Board. If you want to know more
about the candidates and what they stand for we've published profiles on
the public pages of the CILIP web site. Even more details, and the
opportunity to post questions to the candidates, are available to CILIP
members in the members area." It's an elective organisation for
information professionals for God's sake, not the Ku Klux Klan.

"This is where we are and if you want to find out what you're getting
for the money we require you to pay us you'll have to come and find us"
didn't work well twenty years ago and certainly isn't what should be
expected of a professional organisation in the early 21st Century.

	I love the admonition that if you want to discuss the
dissatisfaction with CILIP, the retreat of membership and the
inaccessibility of the CILIP Communities you should be a member of CILIP
and log onto the Community. Ha ha ha!!!

	Finally from me

	I want Cilip to succeed, I want it to recruit more and more
members, I want a vibrant and successful organisation serving the needs
of the members, catching the attention of the press and also being open
and fun.

	So Cilip, please read what has been posted over the last week or
so, and let 2008 be the start of anew Cilip that welcomes all and that
we all want to be part of.

	Cheque in the post (well almost)

Frances Hendrix
The Laser Foundation