-----"lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries" <[log in to unmask]> wrote: -----

To: [log in to unmask]
From: Sarah Jenkin <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: "lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 12/12/2007 1:48 PM
Subject: Re: Signs of disaffection

There was a lot of talk about literacy in the news lately. I didn't see
anything from CILIP about how libraries could help address this problem.
Do you think CILIPs low visibility might have led to the low level of
voting?

Many libraries are undergoing an unstable time at the moment and are being
restructured. They need to have a higher profile and we need CILIP to be
out there promoting us and our services. They missed a trick there, and
this may lead to members like myself growing dissaffected with the
organisation.

E-mails and any attachments from Nottinghamshire County Council are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the e-mail, and then delete it without making copies or using it in any other way.

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of Nottinghamshire County Council unless otherwise specifically stated.

Although any attachments to the message will have been checked for viruses before transmission, you are urged to carry out your own virus check before opening attachments, since the County Council accepts no responsibility for loss or damage caused by software viruses.

Senders and recipients of email should be aware that, under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the contents may have to be disclosed in response to a request.

Nottinghamshire County Council Legal Disclaimer