In all the correspondence people seem to see CILIP as THEM not US. We are
all members. Its up to us all to improve the profile of libraries.

Remember there are many special interest groups you can join and push them
into doing what you require.

For example, the PLG and BMLG are organising a weekend school dedicated to
looking at the problems facing young professionals, and this includes
literacy problems.

Location: Wyboston Lakes Bedfordshire
Dates: Friday 13th June to Sunday 15th June 2008

The BMLG has a very high profile mobile meet organised at the Grand National
Course in Liverpool next year's city of culture. They are doing a course on
serving foreign speakers in small branch libraries.

All these events are being run by everyday librarians in their own time.

US not THEM

 I promoted libraries on BBC world service what have you done

Ian Stringer