Message
Hi Patricia,

A couple of quick thoughts - not all CILIP courses cost so much.  HLG CILIP (and IfMH and LFN) courses tend to cost considerably less and, as in the case of one of our events last year, can be completely free of charge.

HLG are also developing a section of our site called Positively Professional where people can offer examples of learning and development other than taught courses.
http://www.cilip.org.uk/specialinterestgroups/bysubject/health/events/training/positivelyprofessional.htm
Contributions are very welcome.

HLG also regularly offer the opportunity to bid for funds to support training you might otherwise not be able to afford.

I could go on but this is probably enough for the time being.

Cheers

Alan

PS I found the tax reclaim process fairly straight forward and certainly worthwhile.

Alan Fricker
Knowledge & Library Service Manager
Newham University Hospital NHS Trust
www.newlib.demon.co.uk