Sarah,

Peter Suber's SPARC Open Access Newsletter, mentioned by other
respondents, is the best way of keeping up to date with OA developments,
but for specific help and advice of the sort you're seeking I'd
encourage you to visit the SHERPA site http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/
<http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/>  if you haven't already found it.  This is
the most authoritative source of information in the UK [declaration of
interest: I'm a member of the SHERPA Management Group ;-)], and contains
a wealth of advocacy material for librarians, guidance for authors, and
links to important back-up resources such as the RoMEO database of
publisher policies on copyright and self-archiving.  SHERPA is based
within the UK HE community, but most of its content is equally
applicable to other sectors such as the NHS.

Peter

--
Peter Morgan
Librarian