Dear all,

Apologies for my ignorance, but where do you suggest users publish their work?  I've been pushing Open Access peer-reviewed journals and steering people away from print journals, as that seems the most ethical option but is that right?  Are there arguments against Open Access?  e.g.might the work disappear in the electronic ether if it's not in a print journal, are there political reasons for universities to want articles published in print journals (despite impact factors being v.g. for BMC journals)? And is it possible to publish in both, or do journals demand exclusives (like The News of the World)?  And what's all this about the NHS no longer having a special relationship with BioMed Central?  Should we be pushing PubMed Central now?

Comments v. welcome!

Thanks

Sarah

Sarah Panzetta
Library Services Manager
Camden PCT Library (includes Camden and Islington Health Promotion Resources Service)

Tel: 020-7530 3936/3910
E-mail:[log in to unmask]

www.camdenpct.nhs.uk/library