Dear All

As Essex points out, the older population deserves more attention than it officially receives for its actual and potential contributions to society.  As everyone  knows,  older populations across the world are rapidly increasing and remaining active well into the later years.

We shall be investigating the social and educational implications of the demographic changes in a new course at the Institute of Education starting in January:
Issues in Educating and Training Mature Adults (50+)
www.ioe.ac.uk/courses/ietma

- a blended master's level course [which can be taken as free-standing study] and requires a weekend in London at the start, followed by structured online discussions.  It will deal with informal and formal learning within the wide range of contexts where it occurs for the older population. The focus is largely on the "issues"  rather than narrowly on education & training.

Anita