From: "Matt Glasser" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 8:25 AM
Subject: Re: [FSL] Re-forwarding Segmentation of brains of infant
chimpanzees

Hi,

I wonder if there is not enough contrast between unmeylinated white matter
and grey matter?  We have gotten FAST to work pretty well in adult
chimpanzees, only making some errors in motor cortex and the sub cortical
grey nuclei.  One thing that can help increase the image contrast is to
square the image (fslmaths -sqr), if you do it a couple of times, you may
have to reduce the values in the image by dividing by some large number
(e.g. 1e6) and additionally set an upper threshold to remove any blood
vessels (which will become so high in value that they will be classified in
a separate tissue category).

Peace,

Matt.