Hi - yes, this is still related to the NEUROLOGICAL convention you are
using in these Brainweb-derived files, which is a problem for FAST and
many other NIFTI-reading programs at this point. If you run:

fslswapdim t1_pn3_rf20_ns -x y z fixed
fslorient -swaporient fixed
fast -e -ov -os fixed

You get a very nice segmentation. Otherwise the FAST output is L-R
swapped relative to the input, which would explain your poor overlap
measures.

Cheers.

On 6 Dec 2007, at 16:24, On Tsang wrote:

> for archival purposes:
>
> Dear Steve,
>
> Thank you for your offer to help. The file I am attaching is the skull
> stripped Brainweb T1-w phantom and I just used the default FAST
> settings by
> calling 'fast filename.nii'. From the output image, I  extract the
> different
> tissue classes. Thank you again for your time.
>
> Best,
> On Tsang

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)