ENGENDERING LEADERSHIP THROUGH RESEARCH AND PRACTICE

21-24 JULY 2008

UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, PERTH

LEADERSHIP IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE STREAM

CONTACT: ANNE WORRALL, KEELE UNIVERSITY ([log in to unmask])

CALL FOR PAPERS: NEW SUBMISSION DATE FRIDAY 15 FEBRUARY 2008

Due to the holiday season in many countries and the wind-up of the academic
year, many researchers and practitioners have requested an extended
deadline for their abstracts and proposals. The conference organisers, in
conjunction with stream leaders, have therefore extended the submission
date to FRIDAY 15 FEBRUARY 2008. This new date should not deter anyone
from submitting their proposal as early as possible.  From a conference
organising perspective, early submission is a great help in scheduling the
three day event.  Importantly, for those people who need early
confirmation of an abstract's acceptance, reviewing will be done in a
timely fashion. Thankyou to everyone who submitted abstracts within the
initial timeframe. More information about conference papers and abstracts
can be found at:

http://www.biz.uwa.edu.au/home/events/conferences_and_lecture_series?
p=133778

STILL THINKING ABOUT THE CONFERENCE? Participants and supporters are
responding widely to the Engendering Leadership Conference, promising
topical and ground-breaking discussions.  In addition, several people have
expressed a desire to submit an abstract but wondered if their paper would
fit since they are not a known 'leadership' scholar.  Such queries go to
the heart of what this conference is about. We hope that all our keynotes
and presenters will feel free to take a broad view of leadership and its
study. As with previous GWO Conferences, we expect to see presenters who
come at the question from a broad church of disciplines, canons of
literature and workplace research and practice.  Questions we would like
to see addressed include but are not limited to:Is gender a useful
category of analysis? Is leadership? Are women (and/or men) better off
without highlighting either gender or leadership?  What makes leadership a
masculinised concept and gender a feminised one? Do women reject the idea
of themselves as leaders? Are leadership concepts, studies and/or
practices too narrow or rigid to accommodate a useful gender analysis?
Which gender issues are excluded from leadership studies? In what cases is
leadership unnoticed or unrewarded?

We encourage scholars and practitioners with an interest in these or similar
questions to seriously consider submitting an abstract or idea for a
presentation or panel. To discuss your ideas further please contact Anne
Worrall ([log in to unmask])