From: The UK Community Psychology Discussion List on behalf of Thorne Lisa (DEVON PCT)
Sent: Fri 12/21/2007 16:15
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Climate change day

Dear David (Fryer)

I noticed that you mentioned your involvement in organising a BPS? day regarding climate change in a mailing some time ago. Unfortunately it's taken me a while to catch up with all the discussions that have been going on.

You may remember that the South West Community Psychology network had environmental issues and climate change as its overarching topic last year and we built up several interesting links with non-psychologists as well as our usual group of attendees.  Those at Great Yarmouth's conference may remember the fantastic workshop facilitated by Steph & Racchel from Green Roots, in which we were encouraged to think about how different fields of psychology could contribute to an understanding of, and possibly changing, people's behaviour and attitudes towards the environment.
I am wondering whether there will be an opportunity for people to offer their knowledge and skills to the day that you are organising (e.g. offer to run a session or speak), and would be keen to send any further details on to the network of people we built up last year.

Thanks, and festive greetings to all!

Lisa

This message  may  contain  confidential  and  privileged information.
If you are not  the intended  recipient please  accept our  apologies.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute  information in this e-mail
or take any  action in reliance on its  contents: to do so is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has
gone  astray  before  deleting it.  Thank  you for  your co-operation.

NHSmail is used daily by over 100,000 staff in the NHS. Over a million
messages  are sent every day by the system.  To find  out why more and
more NHS personnel are  switching to  this NHS  Connecting  for Health
system please visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail