Hello,

Sorry about the non CCP4 related question. I have few questions regarding protein expression:

1.  I was wondering if anyone used the "Multisystem Expression" vectors from Novagen and if so whats your opinion about these vectors? These are the pTriEx series of vectors that can be used for protein expression in E.coli, baculovirus and mammalian cells using the same construct. Since most of the proteins in our lab is expressed in many different systems the pTriEx series of vectors appear particulary useful!

2. We are currently using the Bac to Bac system from Invitrogen for generating baculovirus which requires purification of the bacmid DNA from DH10Bac cells before transfection. Looks like the newer systems, such as BaculoGold (BD biosciences) or BacVector (Novagen) systems skip this step altogether and saves time. Does anyone have experience with both systems and if so which one would you prefer?

3. Is anyone purifying their protein using the Strep-tag II/Strepactin affinity system and if so how does it compare to His-tag?

I am looking forward to reading your opinions and suggestions.

Thanks a lot,
Anirban

Anirban Adhikari, Ph. D.
Postdoctoral Research Scholar