Postdoctoral Position at the Pasteur Institute

A 3-year postdoctoral position in the Unit of Structural Immunology at the Pasteur Institute, Paris, will be available from February 2008 to study the structure and function of Plasmodium falciparum surface antigens that are promising malaria vaccine candidates. Applicants should have a good background in molecular biology and protein chemistry - experience in protein crystallography or a desire to learn this field would be advantageous. The themes of research of the Unit are centered on the structural study of antigenic recognition, with special emphasis placed on antigens from infectious agents (see our web site). The laboratory offers good conditions for cell culture and protein purification, and is well equipped with crystallisation and X-ray diffraction facilities. Please contact me if you wish further details on the project. Interested candidates should send me a full CV and the names of 2 or 3 persons for references.

Graham Bentley
Unité d'Immunologie Structurale
CNRS URA 2185
Département de Biologie Structurale & Chimie
Institut Pasteur
25 rue du Dr. Roux
75724 Paris cedex 15
FRANCE