Dear all,

    I was about to write something quite related, but as the topic has
just started ... I had better add my comments.
    I am just establishing a crystallization facility, but currently in
my lab proteins to crystallize will be a rare opportunity (hopefully to
increase the number during the years to go ...). Even in labs where
crystallization is a "throughput" I see many of the screens to expire
date (I must say ones which have an o'ring to tightly close the cover
use to have volumes more equal at the different tubes -  maybe a
suggestion for Hampton or others which do not have so). I have learned
much from the comments below, but what about to freeze the screens ?
Any  known  problem (except, of course, to heat again before usage - not
tough for a several month run between each usage) ? Reagent degradation
(I suppose the tubes might resist the small volume expansion at freezing) ?

Jorge