This year was the smoothest Christmas I've ever had. For the first time I
can remember, the tree didn't fall down. I think it's karma making up for
the year I've had, where time to scratch myself was in short supply.

But now it's too hot to read or even to go outside (38 degrees and oh woe,
worse promised) and the Wii has been stolen by my son. So I've spent the
past couple of days wrestling with css to update my sadly neglected website.
I've linked to a couple of recentish essays and poems that might interest
some of you, and done some general housework and spit and polish.

If anyone cares to look, and especially if they use IE6 or IE7, which I
can't test on my machine, I'd be grateful if they could tell me if it all
goes pearshaped in their browsers... The beautiful pixels are over at
http://alisoncroggon.com

Apologies for cross-posting

Best to all

Alison