Hello

I think this may have been raised before so I apologise in advance but if I describe the issues and my work-a-rounds perhaps other alternatives can be suggested.

We are running BB Enterprise 6.2.3

All our courses are imported from MIS by global services snapshot tool (I have made may bespoke changes to this myself), by quals so every course in BB is an individual qual i.e. 0708-Txxx-xx.

Our increased issue is that, say HND Computing is an ‘umbrella’ title with, say 14 modules (these are quals but the umbrella is not classed as a qual), each student would then be enrolled on the quals that they have selected for the HND course, so when they login, they see each course in the course list.

The issue we have is that there is no association / binding that sees the course associations of modules / courses and groups them together in an umbrella title, does this make sense?

What I have done is manually create a ‘master’ course and enrol all students from the associated courses onto the master, I then instruct tutors to put generic information on the master and use the generated course codes for more course title specific information.

Is this a limitation of BB regarding course association or global services not correctly identifying course structures and how they interact?

Have any other institutions come across this limitation and how have you tackled this?

Many thanks for any information offered.

Best Regards,

Paul Beal

Server / Applications Administrator

Doncaster College