________________________________

From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Helena R.
Bampton
Sent: 17 December 2007 14:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: File Upload Limits

Hi

Has anyone experienced problems uploading large files either into a
course or into the Blackboard Content System?  We are trying to upload
files in excess of 50 MB and keep getting errors such as 'web page could
not be displayed'.  Quotas for the course or user within the content
system have all been increased to allow for the upload, but the files
keep failing.  Is anyone aware of a limit on the Blackboard server
itself?  I've looked through the values in the System Registry and the
configuration files but can't find anything that would suggest that
there is a limit.

I'd be very grateful for speedy responses if you do know of a problem -
we have a company with us just for the day who are being held up by this
problem.

Many thanks,

Helena Bampton

VLE Support Officer

Corporation Information Systems Support,

IT Services, University of Reading,

Whiteknights Reading RG6 6AF

Phone: +44-(0)118-378-4440  Fax: +44-(0)118-975-3094