Hello

We originally had one person set up blackboard and this has since expanded to two after about 1 year, the second person with DBA skills which has been absolutely invaluable. From the pedagogy point of view we had one colleague in our Centre for Life Long Learning supporting using Blackboard which has now expanded to two after 4 years. The two technical people involved probably spend about a day's worth a week between them working on blackboard. Obviously during the initial start-up this was a lot more.

If you are starting off on 7.3 you will find your life a lot easier than those who started on 6.x I can't comment on older versions but if it was anything like 6 it wasn't a pleasant experience from install to patching up to 7. If you can muster up a team of 4 split technical and pedagogy you should find things nice and easy but if you can't it is possible to do with one person if that's all they do.

Thanks, Jake

Jake Gannon

Computing Services

The University of Liverpool