On behalf of the BERA Mentoring and Coaching SIG.........

Dear All,

We need a four more referees for reviewing proposals for the BERA Annual
Conference in 2008 Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, 3 – 6th September.

URGENT - volunteers please ... :-)

Thank you for your support, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Sarah

http://www.TeacherResearch.net

P.S. Details below in pro forma form from BERA for SIGs to respond to:

"As you may be aware, when people submit abstracts they are required to
nominate the SIG which should consider the paper. Based on last year’s
submissions, I anticipate that our SIG will therefore need 4 reviewers,

I would really appreciate your help with this process. To be involved, you
will need to be available to referee abstracts online between 22nd Feb and
14th March 2008. Please let me know if you are able and willing to do this,
and if so, mark the dates for reviewing in your diaries now.

The review process will involve going online to the conference website,
downloading the 600 word proposals, reading them, and then assigning a score
against five criteria. The criteria are:

1. relevance of study or enquiry to BERA members

2. clarity of research questions or focus of enquiry

3. appropriateness of methods or literature

4. robustness of analytical or theoretical framework

5. significance for educational policy and/or practice

Symposia will also have a 400 word abstract explaining their rationale. All
papers in a given symposium, plus the rationale, will be reviewed by the
same two referees so that they can judge the merit of the symposium as a whole.

The process will be managed by the conference committee and In-Conference,
and is designed to be as transparent and easy as possible for those taking
part. More details will be provided nearer the time."