Greetings List,

I'm looking for research that investigates monitored CCTV control rooms from an information management and overload perspective. For example, how many live feeds can one operator watch at one time? How effective and attentive are control room operators on 8+ hour shifts? How *effective* can a CCTV system be that relies upon live, unfiltered monitoring by humans, as opposed to using some type of event detection software to alert monitors to suspicious activity?

I've seen some mentions in larger studies about operator effectiveness, but I'm not able to locate any standalone studies tackling any of these issues. If anyone has any suggestions or cites they can refer, I'd be grateful for any help. I know there are studies evaluating what operators focus their attention on, when they can focus it, but have not yet located anything seeking to understand how much information they can generally consume.

Thanks,

Jen King
UC Berkeley

**************************************************** This is a message from the SURVEILLANCE listserv for research and teaching in surveillance studies. To unsubscribe, please send the following message to <[log in to unmask]>: UNSUBSCRIBE SURVEILLANCE For further help, please visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help ****************************************************