From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Kevin Haggerty
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007 3:08 PM
Subject: Pretty impressive

Hi all,

One of our graduate students send me the link below as a remarkable example
of the assemblage qualities of surveillance/imaging. It is a brief video
demonstration of photosynth which enables users to cull the internet for
photos of a particular site and interrelate them spatially, creating a
three-dimensional, zoomable, multimedia image. It is quite amazing.

Stay with the video for the example of the Notre Dame cathedral. If this
actually works as a widespread application you can only imagine how this
stuff will eventually be used in conjunction with CCTV and other imaging
practices.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1762315

Cheers, Kevin
--