I apologize in advance if this is a trivial problem:

On a new installation of SPM5 on a 64-bit Linux machine we are encountering
what appears to be a systemic problem, as all non-file dialogs that SPM
tries to display turn up in the depicted format (see screenshot). In
particular, the interface elements that one would expect are all missing
(popup menus, buttons, etc.).

Specifics:
Dell Precision 390 n-series, Intel Core 2 Duo (64-bit)
uname -a gives: Linux whippet 2.6.9-5.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jan 5 19:29:47 EST
2005 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Matlab 7.10.0.183 R14 SP3
SPM5 with the Updates_958.tar.gz unpacked in the proper places, and make;
make install performed within SPM5/src as per the 64-bit Linux installation
instructions. Reinstallation of SPM5 and removing then adding it to the
Matlab path did not resolve the issue. There are no errors reported when
launching spm from within Matlab.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue on installation? (Or is the interface
on the rightmost window actually supposed to look like this? The screenshot
results from clicking the Realign button.) The Matlab installation itself
appears to be functional on its own, is properly licensed, starts without
errors. Thanks in advance to all who may respond.

--
Toshi Clark