1, Why do you need to combined the two Session? Is that necessary? It
seems you conjuncted the session as if there were acquired in one
session.
2, My opinion is that the first procedure is more feasible.
Preproccess in SPM is always done seesion/run by seesion/run. And so I
don't think it a good idea to realign(/coregister/normlize...) run B
to A.

--
ºÎºê½¨, He Hongjian
BioX laboratory of physics department, Zhejiang University.