From: Jane Artess <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, 1 November, 2007 7:56:18 PM
Subject: Re: invitation

What a good idea - best wishes, Jane

________________________________

From: BERA Practitioner-Researcher on behalf of Beckett, Lori
Sent: Thu 11/1/2007 7:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: invitation

Dear colleagues,

It has been a while since I logged on to the discussion list, and my reason is the time devoted to the launch of our centenary book and exhibition of archival materials last Friday night.  What a big event celebrating one hundred years!  However, it is good to be in touch again and I have been following your discussions.

I had an opportunity to meet Jean Murray at the international colloquium on practitioner research hosted by Anne Campbell and Susan Groundwater-Smith on 8-10 October.  Subsequently, Jean sent this invitation, and I am keen to get your advice on proceeding.  I talked to Dan in the BERA office, to be advised that we can use the funding allocation for such an event.  What are your thoughts?
Lori

.

Dear Lori,

At the BERA SIG meeting in London in September some members of the Teacher Education and Development SIG expressed an interest in developing work on practitioner research in teacher education.

In the light of this interest, on behalf of the SIG, I wondered if the members of the practitioner research SIG would be interested in joining us for a joint event in early summer 2008 (May or early June)? I think there are many synergies between the work of the two SIGs which we could explore in such an event, drawing together a considerable amount of expertise for a BERA sponsored event (we could perhaps apply to BERA for additional funding).

Please let me know what you / the SIG think about this idea.

Best regards,

Jean

Professor Lori Beckett

The Winifred Mercier Professor of Teacher Education

Carnegie Faculty of Sport and Education

Leeds Metropolitan University

Headingley Campus

Leeds LS6 3QS

UK

(w) +44 (0)113 81 26510

(m) +44 (0)7920 450108

(fax) +44 (0)113 283 8602

(email) [log in to unmask]

Leeds Met shortlisted & highly commended in the Times Higher University of the Year 2006 Awards