Thanks for providing this link, Roger.  I was unaware of the Vienna
Vegetable Orchestra.  Clicking on the video option within their website
yielded a quite stimulating aesthetic experience in the Cagean tradition.
Alison Knowles and Dick Higgins, who studied with Cage himself, once
prepared a dinner for me as a subtle, unannounced performance.  I regularly
extrapolate from Alison Knowles' and Philip Corner's performances in
everyday life, "The Identical Lunch", and recently elicited the fascist
tendency barely beneath the surface of a nearby Israeli grocery and falafel
stand with my repeated "action", as Joseph Beuys might term it.

Contrast that with the reactionary use of Shakespeare by the W(ORST) empire:

http://www.shakespeareinamericancommunities.org/newsroom/

Related to the change in terminology at the Library of Congress
from "Consultant in Poetry" to "Poet Laureate".  British "opium of the
masses" guaranteed to make a higher percentage of the audience nod out.

Barry