Ah, Teilhard--if ever a man needed a Susie Lamont....
In (Catholic) high school, I did a science fair
project/presentation on the noosphere and other
notions of his. Not only did I not win any prizes
(avant tho' I thought I was), but the two nuns who
were judging me flamed me to hell and back.

Guess he'd been defrocked by then. (Oh, and then there
was his implication in the Piltdown Man fraud--talk
about metaphysical!) Did anyone else get interested in
him in the sixties? I still consider him a poet, as
opposed to a philosopher or a scientist--and I mean
that as a compliment, obviously.

Candice

Be a better pen pal.