> Could people limit their posts to a maximum of two to four per day?

I think this is a good idea, speaking as a moderately and
intermittently active member.

It might be useful to remind people that the list archive has an
Author sort which will easily allow them to check how many posts
they've made in the current and previous months.  (My own average in
October was a little over one a day, though some people may be
surprised thinking that it seems I was around more.  Funny the same
thing happens in real life ...)

I'd also like to make a plea that people cut down on quoted text to
the minimum necessary.  Digest readers and people with limited mail
quotas particularly would appreciate this.

--

  Jon Corelis     www.geocities.com/joncpoetics/