Jon Corelis wrote:

> Q.   What's your opinion of the present state of poetry in America?
>
> A.   Poetry sucks, America sucks, and you suck.
>
> Q.  What major poets writing today are you influenced by?
>
> A.  They all suck.
>
> Q.  What do you think will be the future of poetry in America?
>
> A.  It sucks.

The above dialogue is a wonderful imitation of a playwright named Dennis
Jasudowicz whose brief drama "Slumming" appeared in what used to be the
Tulane Drama Review.  As I recall it, it was very much like Edward
Bond's "Saved" except the humanoids, instead of stoning a baby to death,
set fire to a screaming homeless guy.  Great art in both cases.  Here is
a link to Mr. Jasudowicz's preface to "Slumming" so you may gauge the
quality of his intellect:

http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0886-800X%28196424%299%3A2%3C212%3AS%3E2.0.CO%3B2-M&size=SMALL&origin=JSTOR-reducePage

Jasudowicz actually proves Artaud was onto something with his statements
about No More Masterpieces.  Those of you with institutional logins via
university libraries may read the whole thing.

ken

--
Kenneth Wolman

"I agree with the Chekhov character who, when in a crisis, he is reminded that 'this, too, shall pass,' responds 'Nothing passes.'"--Philip Roth