Dear Plus Readers,

Over the last month, some of you may have not received our fortnightly
newsletter due to some technical difficulties at our end. We apologise
wholeheartedly for this and so now I am listing below the maths news
published on Plus during this time.

Sincerely and happy reading,
The Plus team

********

* Modelling the immune system
Mathematicians lead effort to build common model of the immune system
http://plus.maths.org/latestnews/sep-dec07/bio/index.html

* 2007 Nobel Prizes won by mathematicians
Ground-breaking work in uncovering optimal funding mechanisms in financial
markets
http://plus.maths.org/latestnews/sep-dec07/Nobel/index.html

* The Arctic ice cap - how long has it got?
Expedition sets out to determine the North Pole's future
http://plus.maths.org/latestnews/sep-dec07/arctic/index.html

* Modelling digital music file sharing
Survival modelling of albums in the Top 100 casts light on the impact of
file sharing
http://plus.maths.org/latestnews/sep-dec07/filesharing/index.html

* Beautiful young minds
A BBC documentary explores the International Mathematics Olympiad
http://plus.maths.org/latestnews/sep-dec07/bbc/index.html

* The Plus new writers award 2007
Become a Plus author and win an iPod by joining our writing competition
http://plus.maths.org/latestnews/sep-dec07/competition/index.html

* A Symmetry Approach to Viruses
A beautiful mathematical method for modelling viruses
http://plus.maths.org/latestnews/sep-dec07/twarock/index.html

Plus ... more news from the world of maths in the Plus blog, including the
Microsoft Excel 2007 Bug, Cambridge University efforts to bring maths to
the less fortunate and reports from the York Science Festival.

http://plus.maths.org/blog/

the list please visit:

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?SUBED1=plus-announce&A=1

and follow the instructions to leave the list.

If you have any comments on this newsletter, or Plus Magazine, please
contact us at [log in to unmask] - we are always happy to hear from our
readers!

Feel free to forward this email to anyone you think might be interested.

Marc West
Plus Magazine
http://plus.maths.org
Millennium Mathematics Project, Centre for Mathematical Sciences
University of Cambridge, Wilberforce Road, Cambridge CB3 0WA
Phone: +44 (0) 1223764268
email: [log in to unmask]