Can I just ask for clarification of OH's role regarding advising on sick pay?  In my OH experience it is not something I have done.

Thank you

Jacqui Rice

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dr Mark O'Connor
Sent: 02 November 2007 11:23
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Conficting opinions

I would suggest that this employee is seen not telephoned and clinically assessed by an occupational health professional ( Nurse or Doctor ) in order that

a) the employee can give their direct account of the recent interaction with the consultant knowing that they are in a confidential environment with someone who knows the nitty gritty of their specific work environment

b) an opinion can be formed on the reasonablenmess of the proposed modifications re the hand

... you are then on firmer footing with respect to EATs when asked why you have overuled another doctor's opinion

It would be unreasonable for the employee not to attend such a meeting IMO

£0.02

Mark