Dear All

Just a quick reminder that the final talk in the Royal Society Library's
autumn events programme <http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk/page.asp?id=6945>
takes place this Friday, 16 November, at 1pm:

'Lord Cable': telegraphy, empire, and the making of Lord Kelvin PRS
Sir William Thomson, known to later generations as Lord Kelvin, was the
quintessential Victorian physicist. He was also a leading figure in the
development of the submarine cable network that linked the far-flung
British Empire. This talk will examine how closely telegraphy and
physics were intertwined in Kelvin's career.
Professor Bruce J Hunt, Department of History, University of Texas

All are welcome! For further information or to make a booking, please
contact me or email our general library mailbox
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> .

Best wishes,

Rupert

Rupert Baker
Library Manager
Library and Information Services

tel +44 (0)20 7451 2599
fax +44 (0) 20 7930 2170
web http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk <http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk>

The Royal Society
6-9 Carlton House Terrace
London SW1Y 5AG

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege.  It is intended only for the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not named above as a recipient, you must not read, copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained in this e-mail.  *************************************************************************