medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture When I worked at Notre dame, the Medieval Institute had a big reproduction of an Aquinas autograph from the Ambrosiana Library on the wall.  Which reminds me that the following is very useful in this context:

Codices manuscripti operum Thomae de Aquino /

Hyacinthe François DondaineH V Shooner

1967-
Latin Book Book v. : facsims. ; 24 cm.
Romae : Commissio Leonina,

Get This Item
Availability: Check the catalogs in your library.
  • Libraries worldwide that own item: 91
  • Find this in your library Search the catalog at your library
  • External Resources:
  • Full-Text+Search Full-Text Search
  • Link to external web site Cite This Item

  • Find Related
    More Like This: Search for versions with same title and author | Advanced options ...
    Find Items About: Commissio Leonina. (1)
    Title: Codices manuscripti operum Thomae de Aquino /
    Author(s): Dondaine, Hyacinthe François, 1893-
    Shooner, H. V.; 1922- ; (Hugues V.),
    Corp Author(s): Commissio Leonina.
    Publication: Romae : Commissio Leonina,
    Year: 1967-
    Language: Latin
    Series: Editores operum Sancti Thomae de Aquino ;; 2;
    Contents: t. 1. Autographa et bibliothecae A-F -- t. 2. Bibliothecae Gdansk-Münster -- t. 3. Bibliothecae Naumur-Paris.
    Standard No: LCCN: 77-26801

    SUBJECT(S)
    Named Person: Thomas, Aquinas, Saint, 1225?-1274 -- Manuscripts -- Catalogs.
    Thomas, d'Aquin, saint, 1225?-1274 -- Manuscrits.
    Class Descriptors: LC: BX1749; [Z6616]; Dewey: 016.189
    Responsibility: recensuerunt H.F. Dondaine et H.V. Shooner, cooperantibus sociis Commissionis Leoninae.
    More Records: Show record information
    Document Type: Book
    Entry: 19720413
    Update: 20061224
    Accession No: OCLC: 283999
    Database: WorldCat

    Tom Izbicki

    Juris G. Lidaka wrote:
    [log in to unmask]" type="cite">

    Herwig Weigl <[log in to unmask]> 11/1/2007 12:21 PM >>>

    . Or is there an image in such classics as "Schrifttafeln zur Erlernung der Lateinischen Palaeographie"? (Which we don't have in the library here...)

    there is one in Steffens, Lateinische Palaeographie (2nd ed, 1929) pl. 95.

      The only one I'd ever seen is plate 64 in S. Harrison Thomson's
    _Latin Bookhands of the Later Middle Ages 1100-15000_ (Cambridge UP,
    1969), the first part of which is transcribed below the description on
    the facing page.  So it's nice to know of another, though Thomson
    might be easier to find than Steffens.