From:
Mandarin Chinese Teaching [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tonglin Xia
Sent: 28 November 2007 09:01
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Inviting answers[Scanned]

To answer this question, first, we should be clear about the defination of tonal language or non-tonal language.
I don't think it's necessary to do so here, as it could be easily done by  typing "tonal languages" in google, to see what will come out.
But the problem I have here is that WHY we, as teachers, could tell our students something we don't know or understand?? I am not being funny or mean, but it does not look so professional.

Have a good day

Tonglin Xia

High School Chinese Teacher
World Languages and Cultures Department
The American School in London

  One Waverley Place
  London NW8 0NP
  United Kingdom

+44(0)2074491258

In accordance with The Companies (Registrar, Languages and Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2006:
* Registered name: The American School in London Educational Trust Limited
* Registered number: 784923
* Place of registration: England
* Registered office address: One Waverley Place, London, NW8 0NP

Email has been scanned for viruses by Altman Technologies' email management service - www.altman.co.uk/emailsystems

If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately by return email or ring 020 8688 9222 and ask for the sender. Whitgift School have taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this email has been checked for viruses. However, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment. Thank you for your co-operation. Whitgift School is a member of The Whitgift Foundation, a registered charity. The Whitgift Foundation, North End, Croydon, Surrey, CR9 1SS Tel: 020 8680 8499 Fax: 020 8681 2553