Grammatically correct.  If a student make a sentence such as this.  I would accept it is a correct sentence, especially for the primary school pupils.  (And give the pupil a good thumb up for the effort!)  And it(the sentence) would work when talking about pictures, stories or some comic situations anyway.  One might like to help them rephrase it to make a clearer context.  Otherwise, it is nothing wrong to make a sentence that might seem a bit silly in a native speaker's ears.  To my view, it is fine!  For more able pupils, one can help making the sentence with more details, such as 我是红色头发的女孩. or 我是穿红色衣服的那个女孩, ...

Let's not forget languages are also about creativity.

Cheryl

Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:24:08 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Your views
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Colleagues,

I think you have already made that a bit complcated. if just talked about grammar, there is nothing with context of the sentence.
我是红色女孩. is grammatically correct, sub+ predicate + object, but maybe has many meanings which can not be changed to 我是个红色的女孩子。

also, there is nothing with numbers of characters as your explanation.

hope it is helpful.

george