From: Mandarin Chinese Teaching [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Qiao Liang
Sent: 2007年11月11日 10:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Your views

Many thanks for Cai Chun's contribution. This is what I meant by semantics
as in Chinese, RED colour can be associated with some other meanings eg.
'Hong Hai Zi' 'Hong Ren' they don't really mean the physical red colour.
This is just like BLUE in English another teacher contributed.
Many thanks for everyone's contribution to make this discussion so
interesting.
Have a nice Sunday.
qiao