As Steven has said, not the fault of the BBC, they are reporting what
they are given and what they read surely?

-----Original Message-----
From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lynne Jones
Sent: 16 November 2007 10:37
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Skills drive - why no mention of libraries?

Yes, libraries do a lot of work supposedly in partnership with the BBC
and I remember this kind of thing happening time and time again.
Libraries also distribute - freely - a great deal of BBC promotional
material in the hope of this goodwill being reciprocated. Not really a
fair deal!

Regards
Lynne
(an ex- librarian but still interested!)