-----Original Message-----
From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Gareth Osler
Sent: 04 November 2007 18:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Library books get insert adverts

Library books get insert adverts
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7075262.stm

I was reading an article and noticed the following quote: "the public
library always offered a sense of stepping out of one's busy world and into
timeless peace and tranquility"[1] - I like the way the library offers a
perspective, a time to reflect on the big picture, a library value which has
to be of value in itself.

Now we have a "timeless peace and tranquility" with billboard advertising :|

[1]
http://www.fergusfallsjournal.com/news/2007/nov/03/wooden-library-pins-were-lures-keep-kids-reading/

Gareth Osler
Liverpool
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally
privileged; please note however the information contained in this e-mail
may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act
2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004. Unless the
information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this
e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.

If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying,
distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error
please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail.

Any part of this e-mail which is purely personal in nature is not
authorised by London Borough of Islington.

If you wish to re-use the information, perhaps for commercial purposes, in
a way which, without permission, might breach our copyright, please first
read our policy on Re-use of Public Sector Information which can be found
on our website
http://www.islington.gov.uk/Council/CouncilStructure/Access_to_Information/FreedomofInformation/ReUsingInformation/
 or alternatively e-mail [log in to unmask]

Contact Islington switchboard: +44 20 7527 2000 www.islington.gov.uk