From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of McGuire Jackie (RTF) NHCT
Sent: 07 November 2007 16:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ATHENS - Students on Placement & 6 month expiry date

Hello

Would anyone like to confirm that what Iain is saying below is correct and that students on placement registering for ATHENS should have a 6 month expiry date? We hadn't realised this and had assumed that they either got until the date they were leaving or the standard 18 months.

Query came from a student who couldn't understand why his expiry date was May 2008 when he was on placement here until November 2008.

This is what is stated on NLH: Students whilst they are on clinical placement in the NHS - under eligibility (nothing about 6 months)

Regards

Jackie McGuire
Library & Knowledge Services Manager
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Trust

Hi Jackie,

I have just picked-up this call. From the accounts you have created it would seem that if the user registers as a student on placement taht their account will expire in 6 months from the registration date as you originally stated. As the account that was registered as an AHP expires 12 months after the registration date then this would verify the original statement.

My question now is would the 6 month expiry on student placement accounts not be due to a NHS standard practice for placement students or do you think that should not be the case, either way is there any way we can verify this?

Kind Regards,

Iain

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author and do not represent the views of the Trust unless explicitly stated.

The information contained in this email may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this email and your reply cannot be guaranteed.