From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of McGuire Jackie (RTF) NHCT
Sent: 07 November 2007 16:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ATHENS - Students on Placement & 6 month expiry date

Hello

Would anyone like to confirm that what Iain is saying below is correct and that students on placement registering for ATHENS should have a 6 month expiry date? We hadn't realised this and had assumed that they either got until the date they were leaving or the standard 18 months.

Query came from a student who couldn't understand why his expiry date was May 2008 when he was on placement here until November 2008.

This is what is stated on NLH: Students whilst they are on clinical placement in the NHS - under eligibility (nothing about 6 months)

Regards

Jackie McGuire
Library & Knowledge Services Manager
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Trust

Hi Jackie,

I have just picked-up this call. From the accounts you have created it would seem that if the user registers as a student on placement taht their account will expire in 6 months from the registration date as you originally stated. As the account that was registered as an AHP expires 12 months after the registration date then this would verify the original statement.

My question now is would the 6 month expiry on student placement accounts not be due to a NHS standard practice for placement students or do you think that should not be the case, either way is there any way we can verify this?

Kind Regards,

Iain

____________________

INFORMATION NOTICE

Please check for viruses before accessing this email and any attachments.

This email and any attachments may contain confidential information and is intended only to be seen and used by the named addressee(s).
However, even if confidential, the information contained within it may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act (2000),
unless it is legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not a named addressee, any use, disclosure, copying, alteration or forwarding of this email
and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately by email or by telephoning
01342 414000 and permanently delete this email and any attachments from your system.

The views expressed within this email and any attachments are those of the writer and are not necessarily the views or policies of
Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Except as required by law, the Trust shall not be responsible for any damage,
loss or liability of any kind suffered in connection with this email and any attachments, or which may result from reliance on the contents of
this email and any attachments.

If you wish to make a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act (2000), please send your request to [log in to unmask]

Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Website: www.qvh.nhs.uk
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Switchboard: 01342 414000
IT Support: 01342 414411