Did anyone take the THES article as a damning piece against librarians and ordering information? My
computer colleagues did .... whereas I thought it was quite positive ....
Janet

Janet Peters
University Librarian and Senior Assistant Director of Information Services
40 - 41 Park Place
CARDIFF
CF10 3BB
Mobile:  07817 226258
Tel:       02920 879362

>>> EJ Place <[log in to unmask]> 21/11/2007 14:17 >>>
Has anyone read this new book (out this month):

"The University of Google: Education in the (Post) Information Age" ?

The author, Tara Brabazon, is Professor of Media Studies at the University
of Brighton.

It looks like an interesting take on the impact of new technologies on
Higher Education, and the library profession.

The author, has an opinion piece in this week's Times Higher Education
Supplement called: "Boomers in thrall to a Wiki Universe" which librarians
teaching information literacy might be interested to read.

I'd be interested to hear what list-members think of the book ...

Emma

Emma Place, Intute Training Manager
Institute for Learning and Research Technology (ILRT)
University of Bristol, 8-10 Berkeley Square Bristol BS8 1HH
Tel: 0117 928 7183  Email: [log in to unmask]

Intute Virtual Training Suite:
http://www.vts.intute.ac.uk