David Groep wrote:
> Kyriakos Ginis wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 12:59:13PM +0100, Andreas Haupt wrote:
>>> that's not true. Plain SL3 is entering the "legacy mode" on 1st of
>>> December. After that only the version 3.0.9 is provided with security
>>> updates. But there *is* a maintained SL until October 2010:
>>>
>>> https://www.scientificlinux.org/distributions/
>> And here is the announcement from the developers:
>>
>> http://listserv.fnal.gov/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0710&L=scientific-linux-announce&T=0&P=458
>>

> Good to hear that the support will remain for SL as well. But the
> announcement (also on the web site) could be interpreted in a
> different way -- which is just what I accidentally did:
>
> So after Mid-February 2008, anything can happen. In particular, SL 3.0.9 can
> continue to have updates built for it, that are just not published in the
> repository ;-)

And I can be quite asleep. As I read it again with a slightly clearer
state of mind, 3.0.9 is exempt from the "obsolete" making.
So, 3.0.9 will be OK till 2010 -- sorry for the confusion and the
incorrect messsage I sent earlier.

It also means that SL3.0.9 (plain SL) and CentOS are equivalent in this
respect -- either one is OK.

	Cheers,
	DavidG.

--
David Groep

** National Institute for Nuclear and High Energy Physics, PDP/Grid group **
** Room: H1.56 Phone: +31 20 5922179, PObox 41882, NL-1009DB Amsterdam NL **