From: GP-UK [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Russell Brown
Sent: 16 November 2007 10:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Damned if you do, and Damned if you don't. Insurance abroad again.

Not with a long stick with something unpleasant on the end.

I'm very concerned that the "consent" these requests arrive with are not properly informed.

As far as I'm concerned the insurance company entered into a contract with the patient.  They should honour their commitment and sue the patient for recompense after the event if it turns out the patient neglected to tell them something.

Don't know what the BMA are doing if anything about it.

Like any other private work, you may decline to undertake it, provided you do so promptly.

And I have extremely thick skin, emotional blackmail doesn't work, and is named as such if anyone tried it on.

Good luck.

Russell