From: Mary Hawking <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 9.16pm
Subject: Re: http://eeepc.asus.com/en/

Paul,

Where can i get more information?

The product specifications don't mention USB or external slots.

They do say that it has Linux "compatible with Windows XP": is this
possible?

It would seem to be aimed at students - "Learning" has lots of things
for students - and it looks as though there was a good games section.

Some versions (the non-Surf ones) have a camera.

Has anyone got one? I might be tempted..

MaryH

In message
<[log in to unmask]>, Paul
Bromley <[log in to unmask]> writes

>Depends what you need the space for. As I said in my initial post,

>anything like this in size and you pay a very hefty premium for it. It

>sounds as though the build is excellent, and all the reviewers are

>raving about it - yet to see a bad review.

>Apparently XP fits on this with 2 gig to spare. With the soon to come

>8gig version you would have 6 gig. You can add storage in the external

>slots, or a 2.5" drive via USB. Depends what you wnat it for - nice

>compact computer for e-mails, web-browsing, documents, presentation

>etc. Great to take with you on holidays, especially if you can get

>wifi access somewhere. I would be interested to try Portable EMIS on

>it.

>Best wishes

>Paul Bromley

>On 15/11/2007, Roger Gardiner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> there's one on ebay at the moment:

>> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280172213041

>> but is 4Gb much use?

>> Roger

Mary Hawking

Get a FREE AOL Email account with unlimited storage.  Plus, share and
store photos and experience exclusively recorded live music Sessions
 from your favourite artists. Find out more at
http://info.aol.co.uk/joinnow/?ncid=548.