How about an uninterupptable power supply, same as you use for a computer?
I have a cheap one for this PC, which should allow save/quit,  which was £50, but for a few hundred quid it should keep things ticking over ok.

James

I wrote this.
Be excellent to each other.

> Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:28:13 +0000
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Vaccines in fridge during power cut!!
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Paul
> Buy a generator like us folks living out in the arsehole of nowhere tend
> to do. You will need some fancy switching to ensure that absence of
> current on the mains side of the switch results in turning over the
> circuits to the generator side and starting up the generator
> automatically. A fridge consumes v little power and one of those cheap
> wee generators you can buy in places like Homebase would probably do but
> the wiring up of the fridge circuit back to it may cost as much.
> Alternative would be a 5kW job with a bit less switching needed.
> Declan
>
> Oh yes and home insurance usually covers loss of contents but not sure
> about practice policies.

Download 30 FREE Emoticons for your Windows Live Messenger!
http://www.livemessenger-emoticons.com/en-ie/