Hi,

I've been asked by a colleague who runs our falconry unit what the legal issues are (if any) on running children's activities without parents/adult carers in attendance. She is thinking about running 1/2 day falconry courses for kids aged 11+. My immediate thought was NO!! and having gone through the obvious (yes all staff have been CRB checked etc) I still feel leaving kids for 1/2 day without their guardian is unnerving to say the least.

Therefore, can anyone who runs such events please offer some advice.

Many thanks in anticipation!

Sam

Samantha Bowen
Education Manager
Leeds Castle

Leeds Castle Enterprises Ltd, Maidstone, Kent. ME17 1PL
01622 76 5400 (main switchboard)
01622 76 7821 (direct line)
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.leeds-castle.com

Leeds Castle Foundation is a Registered Charity No. 268354. It is a company, limited by guarantee, Registered No. 1172263.
Leeds Castle Enterprises Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leeds Castle Foundation, and exists to support the Foundation.
The registered number of Leeds Castle Enterprises Limited is 1413563.
Both companies are registered in England and have as their registered address Leeds Castle, Maidstone, Kent ME17 1PL.

VAT No.303 8709 66

The information contained in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) named.
If you are not the named addressee(s) you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
Internet communications are not secure and therefore Leeds Castle does not accept responsibility for the contents of the message as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Leeds Castle unless otherwise specifically stated.