After searching the archives I found that Mahinda Yogarajah asked a question similar to the one I have just come up with, but there doesn't seem to be any reply. So, I'll try again.

I have been playing with the default settings for bedpostX to see if there are any major changes to the data. To do this quickly I have been running single voxel analyses on individual subjects. When I seed a voxel in the rostral ACC at a burnin of 1000 I get fibers that go from the frontal pole, cross the midline, and go to the contralateral frontal cortex. If I then use a burnin of 5000 these fibers start going through the genu, but then stop and do not reach the contralateral frontal cortex.

Does anyone have suggestions on the right way to decide the appropriate burnin? I only vaguely understand what the purpose of the burnin is, so it's hard for me to make any educated guesses. Also, increases in processing time are not much of an issue, at least for the time being.

Thank you!

ted