> Inserting your email address in fsl_sub AND changing MailOpts to 'ea' for instance (to get mails when jobs are finished OR aborted) results in mail delivery errors, since FSL tries to send mails to [log in to unmask], a nonexistent

You need to change line 204 of fsl_sub to where you want email to go.

> The qmaster log:
> 11/21/2007 01:52:21|qmaster|amd64|I|starting up GE 6.1u2 (lx24-amd64)
> 11/21/2007 02:21:24|qmaster|amd64|E|commlib error: got read error (closing "amd64/qstat/5")
>
> The commlib error appears from time to time, sometimes /qstat/2, sometimes /qstat/5. Any idea, what that means?

I often see these errors and it generally means that the sgemaster is
somewhat busy. Not an issue in general is SGE seems fairly fault
tolerant.  (ie: master can go down for hours and jobs still keep
running -- or at least the jobs that were running finish).

PS: your machine name is amd64? :)