I wasn't clear about the sequence we are using.  GE names it "2Dfast", but
it only acquires one line of k-space per echo.   Acquiring multiple lines in
a single echo is problematic because k-space is traversed in alternate
directions as you go down the phase-encode axis.  This complicates the phase
calculation.  A standard gradient echo sequence is fast enough.

John

--
John Ollinger
University of Wisconsin