Hi,

The "particular waveform" is the custom 1-entry waveform specified by
the file.
Usually you do want to convolve this with the HRF as the values in
the 1-entry
file often specify stimulus-related events.  One example of this is a
single-event
stimulus where the 1's in the waveform represent single stimuli and
the remaining
values are 0.  In this case you want to account for the haemodynamic
delay and
dispersion by convolving with the HRF in order for this model to fit
the data.

An example of when you do not want to use convolution is when the
entries relate
to something other than stimuli - something that directly affects the
signal,
without being subject to haemodynamic processes.  This is often the
case for
artefacts such as those caused by motion, respiratory or cardiac
processes.  If
you have recordings of these and you want to regress them out of the
signal, then
you can use the custom 1-entry file but you should not convolve with
the HRF.

I hope this makes things clearer.
All the best,
	Mark